Facts and achievements
- We are one of the top 100 universities in the UK and one of the top 15 in London.**
- 96% of our graduates are in employment within six months of graduating.*
- We are the top modern university in London for graduate employment.
- Our graduates have higher average starting salaries than graduates of any other modern university in London.**
- We provide a high quality career-focussed student experience connected to the world of work, underpinned by work placements.
- We are the fourth best university in the UK for proportion of mature students.**
National Student Survey results, 2016
We are the number one University in London for student satisfaction. We also achieved:
- Best University in London for satisfaction with the Students’ Union
- Best annual increase in Overall Satisfaction among London Universities
- Best in the UK for overall satisfaction in Civil Engineering courses
- Best in the UK for overall satisfaction in Building courses
- Nine of our courses have 100% for overall satisfaction
- We invested over £50 million in a new campus with modern facilities to improve students’ learning and social experience. Our new campus, located in Ealing, opened in September 2015.
- New facilities include a social space in the heart of campus, performance space with seating capacity of over 220, Blast Radio studio for the student radio station, new catering facilities, a new library and a new mock court room.
Awards and achievements
- The Vice-Chancellor was selected as a finalist for the Most Inspiring University Leader of the Year 2015.
- Law Student Buki Ajimobi won the Young Enterprise Start Up Women in Business Programme Businesswoman of the Year Award.
- Computer Science student Obaro I Johnson won a London Higher award for designing a London is my Campus app for students.
- London College of Music has an ongoing partnership with the English Chamber Orchestra.
- The School of Computing and Engineering has one of the first higher education partnerships in the UK with Amazon Web Services.
Vice-Chancellor Professor Peter John speaks to London Live about our jump in the The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 league tables.