Tax compliance for small business owners
As a small business owner, if you don’t understand Tax compliance, don’t panic, there is an answer.
Using lectures, worked examples and class discussions with frequent reference to delegates’ own business experiences, this programme of workshops and seminars demystifies the language of PAYE, VAT, Business Taxes and Capital Gains Tax for small business owners in London. Suitable for those with very little or no prior knowledge of the subjects.
Topics covered include:
- VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Business Taxes
- Capital Gains Tax
This course will give you the ability to better operate in your specific business environment as well as within other parts of your organisation.
On completion of the programme you will be able to meet the following main tax obligations:
- Keep relevant financial records
- Pay the correct of income tax and national insurance on time
- Calculate amounts due based on staff’s personal tax codes
- File details of starters and leavers
- Calculate and deduct the correct amount of income tax and national insurance from staff
- File and pay over the amounts of tax and National insurance due
- File returns for benefits in kind
- Charge the correct amount of VAT on Sales
- Keep VAT accounts and financial records
- File and Pay accurate VAT returns on time
- File accurate self-assessment returns on time
- File accurate company tax returns on time
- Pay the correct amount of corporation tax on time
- Understand the difference between tax on income and capital gains
- Understand the basics of tax planning
On completion of this course, you will be awarded with the University of West London, The Claude Littner Business School Management Certificate of Achievement. In addition, you will be eligible to become an associate member of our business-focused University of West London Alumni and School.
Tax compliance is designed for professionals and business owners, in London who need to better understand the language of Tax compliance in order to carry out their duties and progress further. This workshop/seminar will give you the knowledge and confidence that you need to manage and discuss the PAYE, VAT, Business Taxes and Capital Gains Tax within budgets, financial reports and different performance indicators.
It will be of particular appeal to individuals who enjoy learning using practical examples that they can immediately relate to their own business experience. We'll focus on real-life situations involving Tax compliance, which is one of the main features of the programme.
Mr Joseph Gerald Bourke
Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Memberships: Chartered Certified Accountant
|PAYE||No dates available|
|VAT||No dates available|
|Business taxes||No dates available|
|Capital gains taxes||No dates available|
* Fees include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Preferential rates may be available for groups, University of West London Alumni and members of the School's Alumni Association. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
Please note that all UWL Short Courses require a minimum attendance number of 7 persons in order for them to be run. Once you have booked a place on a UWL Short Course your card will not be charged until the minimum number of attendees has been reached by the final booking date. You will receive email confirmation of this. Should the minimum number of attendees (7 persons) not be reached then your card will not be charged and you will receive an email to advise you of these developments.
Booking links will be available here when future dates are announced.