Legal Practice Course (LPC)
Our Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (also known as the Legal Practice Course or LPC) is an excellent foundation for your professional training as a solicitor.
Feedback from our LPC students shows a high level of student satisfaction.
Thinking about studying a postgraduate, or a part-time course? Meet the lecturers, find out what courses we run, and enrol at our next advice and enrolment session.
Click on the course titles below for more information and to apply
Find out more about how to apply for the LPC course.
What we can offer:
- accreditation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) who monitor the course regularly to ensure they conform to professional standards
- tutorial from experienced solicitors who maintain links with legal practice
- close interaction with course tutors thanks to our excellent staff-to-student ratio
- practical, up-to-date course material that prepares you for work in a solicitor’s office
- legal careers workshops specifically designed for LPC students and organised by the University’s Careers and Employment Service
- career support for up to three years after you leave through e-mail alerts of job opportunities and training contracts
- work experience opportunities for all LPC students, including the chance to join our advice clinic - the Community Advice Programme
- free access to CPD legal update courses run by our Professional Development Centre and Middlesex Law Society
- the opportunity for our two highest performing LPC students to receive awards from The Middlesex Law Society
- the chance to study at the top modern London-based Law School according to The Guardian's University Guide 2013
- an attractive West London location surrounded by parks, cafes and restaurants and only a short tube ride away from Central London
- study opportunities for students from all over the world.
What our students say
Studying at the University is a pleasant and enjoyable experience given the wide range of resources and facilities available on the course. Also, I've found UWL's legal career opportunities and strong networking opportunities extremely beneficial for my career in law.
The overall structure of the LPC and the practical knowledge one gains at UWL have given me that greater sense of self-belief and confidence to become a solicitor. Accordingly I'd recommend UWL as an excellent institution to study the LPC.
Andrew Rampersad - Part-time LPC