Introduction to PebblePad
On Monday 17 September 2012 we switched to the new, and much improved, PebblePad 3.
This consists of two components:
- Pebble+ (your private, personal learning space)
- ATLAS (where you may be required to submit work for assessment)
Most students will log straight in to Pebble+.
If you are in the process of completing work using a PebblePad webfolio, you should still see the older version (now referred to as "PebblePad Classic").
In some cases you will be offered a choice of versions:
You can read more about PebblePad 3 at www.pebblepad.co.uk/pp3.asp
PebblePad Help can be found when you are logged in, by clicking on the ? icon top right.
PebblePad is a Personal Learning System which is used to help you:
- reflect on the way you learn
- keep a record and commentaries on what you've learnt
- prepare you for future employment.
With PebblePad, you will be able to:
- build your own electronic portfolio (eportfolio) of achievements (ie create, store, and review materials which you can then present as e-portfolios, called WebFolios)
- share documents, images, videos, and sound files, with tutors, other students, and anyone you choose to share with.
These e-portfolios will be used as a form of assessment in some modules.
You can also use PebblePad to present a CV or a set of documents and media files to employers in a webfolio (an online portfolio).
You will be able to use PebblePad throughout the duration of your studies at the University of West London, and to take it with you (for a small sum of money) when you leave the university after graduation.
Graduating from University? take your PebblePad assets with you
see how to set up your free 12 months personal PebblePad account