Works for piano
Dr Emilie Capulet is working with Dr Simon Zagorski-Thomas, Dr Andrew Bourbon and Dr Amy Blier-Carruthers to create a series of new interpretations of pieces from the classical repertoire. This involves the development of new performance techniques to allow the combination of rubato and expressive timing with overdubbing particular lines to allow separate processing of some parts. Some initial experiments with Debussy's Prelude, La Cathédrale Engloutie, have produced many insights relating to the recording studio.
This was followed in February 2015 by a live performance with four pianists at LCM's Lawrence Hall called In Modern Dress.
In June 2015, Emilie, Simon and Andrew will be recording the following works:
- Haydn piano sonata in C major, HXVI no.50
- Debussy Preludes
- Chopin Ballade(s)
- Ravel - Pavane Pour Une Infante Défunte, Gaspard de la Nuit
- Schubert Impromptu No.2 op.90
- Scarlatti Keyboard works to be confirmed
- Pott A Newly Commissioned Work.