The Institute for Teaching, Innovation and Learning (INSTIL), based in room PR401 at Paragon, Brentford site, provides support and leadership on all aspects of teaching and learning. It promotes 'inclusive excellence' through direct engagement with all colleagues across the University. Its main areas of focus are:
- professional development for academic staff
- pedagogical research
- technology-enhanced learning.
INSTIL's prime function is to support the University's mission and strategic plan, and to significantly contribute to the delivery of the University's Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy (pdf, 78 kb) to ensure student success. It also supports the Employer Engagement objectives of the University's Strategic Plan, and contributes to the four objectives of the Research and Scholarship Strategy.
The Institute's main aims are to:
- develop a vibrant and inclusive teaching and learning community of practice at University of West London
- promote and support excellence and innovation in teaching and learning
- provide leadership and support for teaching, learning and assessment across the University
- promote and enhance research and scholarship on teaching and learning
- contribute to implementing the LTA Strategy.
Read INSTIL Newsletters.