On these web pages, we outline the benefits and support you can get from working with INSTIL.
Our main aims are to:
- engage with teaching teams to deliver strategic priorities for UWL with specific reference to the Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy
- provide leadership and support for teaching, learning and assessment, and support of learning across the University
- encourage innovation and the use of educational technologies
- foster and reward excellence in teaching and learning
- develop a vibrant and inclusive teaching and learning community of practice at UWL
- promote and support student-centred pedagogies and approaches
- initiate discussions and reflections on teaching, learning and the student experience.
We offer programmes of development that respond to Schools and individuals’ needs, and address the University’s strategic priorities and the national agenda – student engagement; HEA Fellowship and teaching qualifications; employability and creativity; technology to enhance learning; academic literacy and learning support.
Our service is actively complemented by the contribution of many colleagues across the University who act as judges, reviewers, mentors, facilitators, teachers on the PG Cert in Academic Practice, and supervisors.
We aim to continue to engage the UWL community with our work to further improve our practices and better contribute to our students' success.
Professor Nick Braisby
PVC (Academic and Student Experience)