English Language Requirement for EU Students
If English is not your first language, or if your previous education was not conducted fully in English, you will need to provide documented evidence of your English language competence to study a course with us.
English Language Requirements for EU students
The University accepts the qualifications listed below as evidence of English language ability from EU students. In addition, we will take into account studies previously undertaken in English, for example at IB, foundation or undergraduate level.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if in doubt.
The levels listed here are an indication only and each application will be considered on its own merit. If you do not meet any of the listed criteria, you may be eligible for a Pre-sessional English Language Programme before you start your course.
- IELTS 6 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any section
- Cambridge PET – Pass with distinction, exceptional in all four skills
- Cambridge FCE – Pass at Grade C minimum
- Cambridge Advanced / Proficiency / Business Higher / Legal / Financial – Pass
- ESOL Skills for Life Levels 1 & 2
- BULATS Online (certificated version) – Reading and speaking at 60, Speaking and Listening at CEFR B2
- TOEFL IBT Test – Overall 80 with listening min. 19, reading min. 20, speaking min. 22 and writing min. 19
- PTE Academic – Min. 51 in all four skills
- Trinity Level 1 – Pass
- Integrated Skills in English – ISEII pass
- French Baccalaureate - Grade 6 (HL) or Grade 12 (OIB) 12-20
- German Abitur - Mark 'Gut' at Abitur 11
- Lithuanian Brandos Atestatas - Grade 8 at B2 level
- Norwegian Vitnemal - Grade 4
- Polish Extended Matura - 70%+
* - Applicants for Nursing must meet a higher requirement of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent
The general requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall, with a score no less than 5.5 in any section. Other equivalent English language examinations will be considered at a level considered equivalent to IELTS 6.5.