We welcome students from other institutions to study with us for one or two semesters.
It’s your opportunity to experience studying in another country while also obtaining credits which can be used towards your degree at your home institution.
We offer a comprehensive catalogue of cultural trips and activities as a way of ensuring you have as rich experience with us as possible. These may include:
- a trip to Windsor and the Royal residences
- visits to historical London sites such as St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London, Houses of Parliament and a number of famous London museums and cultural sites
Similarly, we organise a two week induction programme with the International Team in conjunction with the Students Union to help you adjust to life and study in the UK. These include film nights, guest speakers, social events and more.
UWL students can also benefit from easy access to Heathrow Airport, allowing for quick and affordable trips to cities all around Europe.
Please see the following links for more information about how to study abroad at the University of West London:
If you would like to be considered for Study Abroad, simply complete one of our application forms and email it to email@example.com, along with copies of the required documents. A member of our dedicated International team shall be in contact within 48 hours.
Here's a handy step by step guide on how to apply:
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in studying at UWL and your intended area of study
- obtain permission from your home institution to study abroad
- submit an Application for Study Abroad to UWL's International Office
- once accepted, select modules of study
- obtain approval from home institution for module selections
- apply for short-term study visa if required
- travel to the UK!
You can take three to four modules across the following schools in areas of your interest:
London School of Film, Media and Design
- Advertising and PR
- Broadcast Journalism
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Media and Communications
- Radio, Multimedia, and Audio Productions
- Visual Effects.
Claude Littner Business School
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Management
- Human Resource Management
School of Computing and Engineering
- Information Technology Management
- Mobile Computing
- Applied Sound Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism
- Airline and Airport Management
- Culinary arts and professional cookery
- Event Management
- Travel and Tourism.
School of Law and Criminology
- Criminal Justice
- Policing and Forensics.
London College of Music
- Live Sound
- Music Management
- Music Technology
- Musical Theatre
- Theatre Production.
School of Human and Social Sciences
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Forensic Science
- Nutritional Therapy
- Social Work
- Substance use and misuse studies.
Please regularly check this webpage for up to date information.
2017/2018 Study Abroad Fees
Autumn 2017 - £5,750
Spring 2018 - £5,750
Full Year - £11,500
The fee does not include accommodation.
Single rooms with en-suite bathrooms and shared kitchens in UWL's award-winning Paragon building are available to study abroad students on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional accommodation is available in the Student Village.
More information is available about these options on the accommodation page.
The cost for accommodation varies depending on room type, but most rooms are approximately £2,800 for the semester or £5,600 for the year.