Here at the University of West London the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (also known as the Legal Practice Course or LPC) provides an excellent foundation for your professional training as a solicitor.
- Our LPC is accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (the SRA).
- The SRA monitors the course regularly to ensure it conforms to sound professional standards in training the solicitors of the future and provides a quality experience for our students.
- The course is taught by a team of professionally qualified and experienced solicitors, who maintain their links with legal practice.
- Our LPC students benefit from close interaction with course tutors because of our ongoing investment in an excellent student to staff ratio.
- Our course materials are practical, up to date and realistic, preparing you for the real work you will do for your clients in a solicitor’s office.
- Feedback from our LPC students shows high levels of student satisfaction.
- Your future in the profession is a priority and legal careers workshops specifically designed for LPC students are organised in conjunction with the University’s Careers and Employment Service.
- Our careers advisers will support you for three years after you leave and will send you e-mail alerts of legal job opportunities and training contracts.
- We organise our own LPC mentoring / work experience scheme to help provide legal work experience opportunities for our students. Students can also gain legal work experience by joining the Law School's advice clinic - the Community Advice Programme, a CLS Quality Mark legal advice and assistance service which operates jointly with the Ealing Equality Council.
- LPC students have free access to CPD legal update courses run by our Professional Development Centre and the Middlesex Law Society.
- The Middlesex Law Society recognises the achievement of our LPC students by giving awards each year to the two highest performing LPC students.
- The Guardian's University Guide 2012 ranked our Law School as the top modern London-based Law School.
- We are located in the West London neighbourhood of Ealing, surrounded by parks, cafes and restaurants and only a short tube ride away from Central London.
Students from all over the world, including home students and students from Europe, Africa and Asia come to study with us.
We look forward to welcoming you at the University of West London to commence your professional training as a solicitor.
See our LPC courses