University of West London Law Society
Students have the advantage of taking an active role in, or being part of, the University of West London Student Law Society. This is a student-run society which enjoys staff co-operation and budgetary support from the Student Union.
Typically the Society meets monthly to present a productive opportunity to tailor-make the law student experience by arranging:
- trips to legal areas of London - including court visits
- hosting guest speakers from a spectrum of legal fields
- organising student / staff events
- providing a student-based forum for any advice students may seek
- an opportunity for feedback / suggestions which we could implement.
Most of our members are law students, as they find it complimentary to their course, however there will be events which may be open to all students.
Examples of events we hold include:
- a trip to the Old Bailey and legal London
- a black-tie Christmas Dinner
- students v lecturers competition
- Criminal Solicitor seminar.
See information about our recent Jack the Ripper Tour
We are fortunate to have good links with Lincoln's Inn where members can be invited for tours, lunch and even dinners rubbing shoulders with some of today's most eminent legal minds.
If you come to study law at University of West London you could end up running the University of West London Law Society yourself!
For more information please visit the University of West London Student Law Society website