This is an integrated list of the full text electronic journals available to members of University of West London from a range of different sources. It is searchable by title, subject or supplier.
To access most e-journals you will need your UWL network logon details details. Some e-journals require an additional username and password for access. Login using your My Password details to see the list of passwords (you need to log in to Blackboard first to access this page).
Searching for e-journals
e-Journals: by topic
If you are searching for a particular topic, then electronic databases generally provide a much easier and more effective way of finding information. Library subscribes to a wide range of electronic databases via the Internet, and these can be accessed via Databases A-Z. Searches can normally be carried out under author, date, keyword, subject, journal title as required.
Electronic databases contain information from journals in various formats:
- abstract (summary) e.g AMED
- index (bibliographic information), eg Design and Applied Arts Index
- full text (whole articles) e.g Emerald Fulltext
- a mixture of abstract and full text, e.g. EBSCOhost.
e-Journals: by title
Electronic journals are available in a variety of ways:
- In some cases individual titles can be published through the publisher's web site.
- Electronic data host services such as EBSCOhost and ProQuest bring together the full text of a wide range of electronic journals from many different publishers.
When you open the A-Z list of University of West London’s e-journals, sometimes you will have to login using your UWL network logon details.
These are the main problems with using e-journals:
- Access: University of West London may not have access to the title you require. Contact the library for more assistance.
- Athens: University of West London no longer uses the Athens system. You may need to delete your cookies.
- Authentication: If your UWL network logon details is not working contact ITSupport.
- Coverage: University of West London may not have access to the issue you require. Contact us for more assistance.