The Library has an extensive collection of e-resources but we are always looking to expand it even further. When we are looking for new resources that could support our users, we occasionally request a trial so that we can see how it works and how our users respond to it.
You can access all of our current trial resources from this section.
If you have used one of our trial resources then we want to hear from you. Your comments will help us decide whether we should purchase a resource after a trial. Please send your feedback to email@example.com.
Current trial resources
What is it?
CINAHL Complete is a research tool for nursing and allied health professionals. Users get fast and easy full-text access to top journals, evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons and more. It provides broad content coverage including 50 nursing specialties, speech and language pathology, nutrition, general health and medicine and more. It includes more than 1,300 full text journals and over 5,400 indexed journals.
Access: UWL network logon details required
Licence: UK registered students and staff only
The trial will last until 07/07/2017
What is it?
MedHand is a mobile library application which provides a suite of leading medical, nursing and healthcare books. It is used by medical students, healthcare professionals and medical trainees to provide answers at the point of care, even in remote locations.
The library has signed up for a 3-month free trial that gives us access to the following four titles for FREE – via the MedHand Mobile Libraries App, available for Apple and Android devices:
- BNF For Children
- Oxford Specialist Handbook of Cardiac Anaesthesia
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment Critical Care, 3e (McGraw-Hill)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 11e (McGraw-Hill)
How to access:
To access these fantastic resources, all you need to do is the following:
1) Go to iTunes or Google Play, search for “medhand”.
2) Download the MedHand Mobile Libraries App.
3) Open up the App and tap “refresh”
4) Say “yes” to any pop-up question (on Android you also have to say “yes” to the end user agreement)
5) Log in with these login: available here (you need to log in to Blackboard first to access this page).
(Do NOT register - the trial super user has already been registered in our system)
6) On Apple devices the titles will load automatically on Android, they have to tap the green “download” button next to each title to download the titles to their device.
You can also download the in-built medical, dentistry and nursing dictionaries every MedHand user gets for FREE:
Download one, two or all three of these by simply opening up one title within the App, then tapping the search button (magnifying glass), selecting Dictionary, and following instructions.
The trial will last until 30/06/2017