Tell us about yourself
Hi! I'm Noah. I'm a 21 year old Broadcast Journalism student at UWL. I'm currently in my third year of study. I'm originally from Cornwall but decided to come to London for study. I'm loving my time at UWL and feel as though I definitely made the right choice in coming here.
I'm a big fan of music, particularly heavy metal. I also love photography and football.
What do you love the most about UWL?
For me, the thing I love about UWL the most is how passionate my lecturers are. The enthusiasm that they inject into lectures is really great. They really want to see me succeed and want the best for me.
Why did you want to become a vlogger?
Becoming a vlogger is a great way for me to improve my presentation skills. I frequently present on the uni's radio station and wanted to get some more experience in front of camera. I enjoy presenting and it's a good way for me to give advice to new students about uni.
What advice would you give to a new student just about to start uni?
- Budget! - Work out a budget and make sure you put rent money aside. You may need to get a part-time job.
- Don't go too hard during freshers - You don't need to go to every event. A lot of people go out every night for fear of missing out. If you end up getting the notorious 'freshers' flu', then you'll wish you hadn't pushed yourself.
- Eat a healthy diet – Diet's really important whilst you're at uni. You don't want to end up getting really unwell due to a poor diet. Getting sick whilst you're away from home is awful.
- Balance social life with work - It's important to socialise and make friends whilst you're at uni, but it's important to balance this with doing your uni work. You don't want to end up getting behind on work and becoming stressed because you've been going out too much.
- Have fun - Uni is generally said to be the best time of your life, so enjoy it.