Halls of residence
Students' are still welcome to apply for a place at our Halls of residence for academic year 2012 / 2013. However, please note that new applicants may be added to a waiting list. We advise that students now also consider private rented accommodation. Please see our 'other options', section below for some advice on private renting.
To apply for accommodation for the current academic year it is important that you read the handbook:
Students' who will be commencing their studies at the University of West London in September 2013 can apply for a place at Paragon now via the online application form below. Paragon rent figures for academic year 2013 / 2014 are also available below.
Paragon is our award winning student accommodation site run by Notting
Hill Housing Group. For more information on Paragon, the surrounding
area and images, view the Paragon student lets
website. Prospective and current students may also want to join the official Paragon Residents / Events Facebook group
To apply for accommodation at Paragon use our online form.
(Only students studying at one of our franchise institutions should fill in a paper application, which is available for download below.)
Paragon opened in 2006 and is located next to the Brentford site, West London
campus. The location provides great transport links to Ealing, London
and beyond. This includes the free University of West London shuttle bus
service, which circulates regularly between our Ealing and Brentford sites Monday - Friday.
All University of West London students over the age of 18 are eligible to apply for one of 810 single study rooms consisting of:
- bill inclusive price of £136.70 per week for academic year 2013 / 2014 (beginning September)
- private room in seven - eight person shared flat
- full furnishings including study desk, wardrobe with mirror, bed-side unit, bed, shelving, heating, lighting
- en-suite toilet and shower facilities
- 8 mb broadband internet (with option to increase) and TV / radio aerial sockets
- access to shared kitchen and dining area, including all essential appliances and individual lock cupboard
- access to communal common room 'The HUB', where events are regularly held for and by the residents
- access to communal on-site laundry facilities
- access to Bicycle storage facilities
- 24 hour CCTV and on-site security staff. Secure swipe card entry is also in use on the site.
There are also 29 studio apartments on-site that additionally include:
- bill inclusive price of £185.60 per week for academic year 2013 / 2014
- larger private area with integrated kitchen facilities
- wheelchair accessibility (car parking may be available to residents registered as disabled).
Students studying Pre-Registration Nursing and Midwifery courses can
alternatively apply for a place at halls of residence close to where their placement will take place. These are Wexham Park Hospital in Slogh (Berkshire East
students) or Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading (Berkshire West students) and where you will be studying should be on your offer letter. Simply mark the accommodation application form appropriately. More information on these sites is available in the Accommodation Handbook 2013-14.
To apply for accommodation at the Berkshire sites OR to Paragon as a student of a franchise institution, please download the application form below:
We understand how important it is for students to have a secure, suitable living environment whilst studying.
All accommodation enquiries are dealt with by the University's One Stop Shop
St Mary's Road, Ealing site. The team offer a free and confidential
service to all new and existing University of West London students.
The One Stop Shop
team produce a series of leaflets that students seeking accommodation may find helpful:
Alternatively you might consider visiting websites such as Accommodationforstudents.com
where advertisements for flat shares / room mates and properties are often posted. You might want to use the University's social media sites to communicate with other students in need of room mates or properties.
To help you when searching these sites, as well as looking under Ealing and Brentford, you should also consider
expanding your search to our neighbouring towns, all within an easy and short bus ride to our Ealing and Brentford sites. Using Google Maps to view Ealing/Brentford and zooming out to see the surrounding area will be helpful. Local towns include:
- West Ealing