Facts and achievements
A university on the rise
- We climbed 46 places in the Guardian University Guide over the past two years and 37 places in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
- We are ranked as the 50th university nationally by the Guardian University Guide 2019.
- We were shortlisted for the Times Higher Education 2018 University of the Year Award.
- 98% of our graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation**.
- The best Student Union in London according to the National Student Survey 2018 with a new bar, café, gym, lounge and office facilities
- Food and product development in the West London Food Innovation Laboratory
- Work has begun on the Westmont Enterprise Hub for students to collaborate with local businesses
- Our consistently high standard of teaching was recognised with a Silver award in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- We were ranked top in London for teaching quality and student experience by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
Six courses achieved a 100% overall satisfaction rating in the National Student Survey 2018:
- BA (Hons) Acting
- BA (Hons) Advertising and Public Relations
- FdSc Health and Social Care: Assistant Practitioner
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Criminology
- 53% of our students are from the first generation in their family to go to university
- 63% of our students are mature (aged over 21) on entry
- 56% of our students are from black and minority ethnic groups
- 98% of our students are state school educated
These figures are according to the Higher Education Statistics Authority, 2016-17.
- London College of Music has an ongoing partnership with Investec Opera Holland Park.
- The School of Computing and Engineering has one of the first higher education partnerships in the UK with Amazon Web Services.
*Modern universities are defined as higher education institutions that were granted university status in, and subsequent to, 1992. UWL received the rankings listed above when compared to all other modern universities ranked in the guides / surveys cited.
** These are the latest figures according to Employment Performance Indicators (EPI) released by the Higher Education Statistics Agency HESA in 2018.