Identifying the optimal capital structure to maximise a company’s market value
We address a crucial question in financing: should we borrow, issue shares or a mix of both, and where is the optimal mixing point from the perspective of maximising the market value of a company?
This course is based on Professor Tse’s years of research outputs in this area and illustrated by real world practical examples. Using lectures and class discussions with frequent reference to delegates’ own experiences to compare and contrast to the theories, this course provides delegates useful analytical tools in setting capital structure.
Topics covered include:
- Concept of cost of capital
- Relationship between cost of capital and market value of a company
- Relationship between capital structure and cost of capital
- Theoretical foundations: risk, industry, tax, agency costs and signalling
- Interaction between dividend policy and capital structure decision
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical foundations of capital structure
- Understand what other companies attempt to do based on real world examples
- Equip with useful analytical tools to set the optimal capital structure for your companies
After completing this course, you will be awarded with University of West London, The Claude Littner Business School Management Certificate of Achievement. In addition, you will also be eligible to become an associate member of our business-focused University of West London Alumni and Faculty.
This course is designed for Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, Senior Financial Managers worldwide (particularly China). This short course will be of particular appeal to individuals who enjoy learning using practical examples and theories that they can immediately relate to their own business experience.
Professor Chin-Bun Tse
Research Professor in Finance and Accounting
Head of Research
Memberships: Fellow of Higher Education Academy and Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
|28/02/2018||One day||£1,800 (VAT included)|
* Fees include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Preferential rates may be available for groups, University of West London Alumni and members of the School's Alumni Association. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
Please note that all UWL Short Courses require a minimum attendance number of 10 persons in order for them to be run. Once you have booked a place on a UWL Short Course your card will not be charged until the minimum number of attendees has been reached by the final booking date. You will receive email confirmation of this. Should the minimum number of attendees (10 persons) not be reached then your card will not be charged and you will receive an email to advise you of these developments.
Please note that registration closes at midday, two working days before the programme start date.