Streetwise Industries Career Fair 2018
Connecting you to your future career
- Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018
- Time: 12 noon - 2 pm
- Venue: Weston Hall, University of West London, St Mary’s Road, Ealing site.
Streetwise is our annual creative industries employability fair.
It is aimed primarily for students and graduates from our creative, arts and music related courses.
We are offering you the opportunity to meet employers from across the creative industries in one setting, where you can:
- gain advice, guidance and insight into the various career opportunities available to you
- get an opportunity to meet employers from the creative industries
- apply for current work experience or employment opportunities
- explore graduate job opportunities
- attend employer led workshops
- have your CV assessed at the CV Clinic
- register with the University's Placement and Employment Services for job opportunities
- become a part of the University's Volunteers Team.
For 2018 we have invited exhibitors from across the music, media and creative industries to participate in the fair this year.
November 2018 exhibitors include:
- Alaraby TV
- Become a Music Teacher
- Community Music
- Creative Access
- Escape Studios
- Giles Foreman Centre for Acting
- INRIX Media
- Little Dot Studios
- Milk Visual Effects
- Musicians Union
- Pauline Quirke Academy
- Seed Event Solutions
- Sing Academy
- Stage Miracles
- The Challenge Network
- The Mandy Network
- The Mill
- THTC Clothing
- Voir Fashion
- Westside Radio
- - UWL Careers
- - UWL Volunteering Team
Envy Post Production : Come and find out about our Internship Academy & how to launch your career with us.
Open to: all UWL students: Levels 4, 5 and 6
Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018
Location: Room BY.01.022, St Mary's Road, UWL Ealing site
Envy Post Production are working in partnership with UWL to offer our students work experience opportunities.
One-week internship opportunities at Envy Post Production are now on offer to UWL students who are required to complete a period of work experience as a part of their course. This means that as a UWL student your application will be fast-tracked for screening during the application process.
Please note that this is an unpaid placement.
- Duration: All internships are offered for 1 week only (10.00 -17.00, Mon- Fri).
- Attire: Black/dark clothing with comfortable footwear.
- When to apply: Apply NOW for work experience opportunities in Spring and Summer 2019. Don’t miss out.
- Applications: All applicants must complete an online application via the Envy Post website.
- Spaces are limited.
Top 10 Marketing Tips for DIY Musicians: Streetwise workshop powered by House of DIY and Brick London
Suitable for: Any UWL students or recent graduates in creative industries looking to self-promote.
Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Room BY.01.022, St Mary’s Road, UWL Ealing site
This masterclass will cover top tips of marketing and self-promotion for DIY artists, covering topics such as brand awareness, digital PR, and social media.
The masterclass has been curated in response the growing DIY culture for artists and individuals to take control of their own PR, and is delivered by marketing expert Rachel White, who runs PR agency Brick London, workshop series House of DIY, and is a tutor across Artist PR and career development at LCM.
Careers at River Island, Sophia Blom
Open to all UWL Fashion students
Date: Thursday 29 November 2018
Location: WK.01.015, St Mary’s Road, UWL Ealing site
Come along to the River Island presentation where you will hear about:
- An overview of River Island
- The various departments within River Island such as Buying, Merchandising, Design and Marketing etc.
- How to apply for work experience
Don’t forget to go along to the Streetwise Creative Industries Fair on Tuesday 27 November, 12-2pm in Weston Hall, Ealing site.
In March 2018 our exhibitors included:
1.618 Digital, AIM, Alaraby TV, BASCA (British Academy for Songwriters, Composers and Authors), Become a Music Teacher, BECTU, Community Music, Coney, ENVY Post Production, Equity, Gallowglass, Giles Foreman Centre for Acting, Havas group, Handle Recruitment, Premier League Productions, IEA Media Ltd, INRIX, International Moving Image Society, Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM), KidZania, Little Dot Studios, MADE TV, Musicians Union, Newlook Retailers Ltd, Paines Plough Ltd, Showforce, StageMiracles, Trapped Magazine, THTC Clothing, The Challenge, The Mandy Network, Zoe Records, Utelier, Userfarm, , Westside Radio, UWLSU, UWL Careers, UWL Volunteering Team.