Audition technique workshops
Do you wish to pursue a career in the performing arts?
Are you thinking of auditioning for conservatoires and universities? Are you unsure what to expect at an audition?
London College of Music are offering a one-day, intensive workshop in audition technique, focusing on various skills within acting, singing, voice and actor movement.
We'll be offering guidance on audition material, presentation and other areas that you may need to develop, in order to give you the best chance of success.
- Available dates: Saturday 29 September 2018 and Saturday 27 October 2018
- Time: 9am-5pm
- Location: University of West London, Ealing site (getting here)
- Cost: £70 (£55 for early bird bookings made before 15 September)
- Booking: Book your place now
We anticipate a high demand for places, so be sure to book your place as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day.
What to prepare in advance
You will be required to prepare for the workshop:
- Two contrasting musical theatre songs (32 – 64 bars)
- One contemporary monologue (post 2000) – 20 lines (maximum)
- One contemporary or classical sonnet – 14 lines
Please note: Do not consider presenting any material, sung or spoken, from a play or musical currently running in the West End.
On the day
Please wear loose comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear suitable for a workshop.
On the day, please remember to bring copies of your prepared material:
- Annotated vocal/piano score (sheet music) of the two musical theatre songs
- Contemporary monologue (post 2000) – 20 lines (maximum)
- Contemporary or classical sonnet – 14 lines
Please email Emma Evans (Admissions Tutor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: because of the nature of auditions we cannot guarantee that a student attending our workshop will secure a place at a conservatoire or university.
Find out more about our performing arts courses (pdf, 6 mb).
LCM are producing the following shows this academic year:
5 - 8 December 2018
12 - 15 December 2018
First Lady Suite
25 - 27 April 2019
2 - 4 May 2019
9 - 11 May 2019
For more information, please visit London College of Music Live.