Apply now for September 2017
- Choosing a course
- 5 reasons to choose the College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
- Visiting us
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Our facilities
- Get in touch
- Undergraduate courses
Are you thinking about starting a degree course at the College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare in September 2017?
Our degrees are professionally-focused and connect our graduates to exciting careers so successfully that we are now the best modern university in London for graduate employment.
Want to talk to someone about the options available?
- Fill in our form to request a call or email within two working days
- Book now our next Nursing and Midwifery open day on 19 July, or our general open day on 21 June.
- Speak to one of our advisers: 0800 036 8888
- Email us: email@example.com
1. Best for student satisfaction
We are No.1 in London, No.5 in England and No.9 in the UK for overall satisfaction at the College.* Our expert staff, fantastic range of innovative teaching resources and close links with industry make our students proud to study with us. Our midwifery course achieved a score of 100% in the most recent National Student Survey.
2. Funding available
From September 2017, new undergraduate students can apply for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans so there’s nothing to pay upfront. Repayments are more affordable than you may think! A newly qualified nurse or allied health professional earning £21,700 would pay back just £5.25 per month. While the NHS bursaries are no longer available, a £3000 UWL bursary is available to support students most in need**. Find out more below.
3. Student support
We provide book bundles to all first year students worth at least £100. Students also have a personal tutor who will guide and advise on all aspects of academic life. Did you know that we are in the top 10 in the UK for Academic Support?*
4. State of the art facilities
The College has invested in brand new Nursing Simulation Centres. Equipped with the latest technology and learning aids, such as simulated patients and video facilities. Our students benefit from the opportunity to practice and develop competence with confidence, using cutting edge facilities, whilst being supported by dedicated staff. View our slideshow below.
5. High quality, career focussed courses
Our Trust partners invest in our students from the very beginning, ensuring our courses are up-to-date and relevant to practice settings. Our students are prepared to work in both acute and community settings, hence our impressive 96% graduate employment rate!***
* National Student Survey 2016
** A limited number of bursaries are available to eligible students.
*** Employment Performance Indicators (EPI) published by HESA 2016.
We run open days where you will have the chance to meet our staff and current students, as well as finding out more about university life. Our next Nursing and Midwifery open day is on Wednesday 19 July 2017.
We offer a range of support to help you fund your course, including:
- the UWL Full time Undergraduate Bursary Scheme: a £3,000 award towards the cost of study, payable over three years
- the Path to Success scholarship: a £4,000 award for students starting a 4-year degree with a foundation year
- the Adult Nursing Book Bundle: four key texts, worth £120, given to all new Adult Nursing students.
You may also be eligible for a grant or loan to help with the cost of your studies. Find out more about help with funding.
We have specialist facilities so you can study your chosen subject in a world-class environment, including:
- State of the art clinical simulation rooms that can be set up to 'mock' a ward environment, GP surgery or home setting
- The Paul Hamlyn Library, complete with 27" Apple iMacs and self-service technology
- The College works with NHS Hospitals Trusts, Primary Care Trusts, the independent and voluntary care sectors, to offer a wide range of excellent facilities to support teaching and learning activity.