Why study at the University of West London
We are ranked as the top modern university* in London by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
UWL is a University on the rise - we climbed 46 places in the Guardian University Guide over the past two years and 37 places in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide in 2018
We achieved a Silver TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) award for our high-quality peer mentoring, investment in top-level resources and implementing a culture that recognises excellent teaching
According to the National Student Survey 2017 we are the best modern university in London for student satisfaction**
We have the best Student Union in England according to the National Student Survey 2017.
Facilities and locations
Our London location – we are located in West London, one of the UK’s most successful business regions, with excellent transport links - we are 25 minutes from Central London and 20 minutes from Heathrow Airport
We have invested over £150 million in our facilities, including renovation to our Ealing site to improve students' learning and social experiences. This includes an expansive library, refurbished Students' Union, new teaching facilities and state-of-the-art studios for the student radio station
Outstanding career opportunities
University of West London has close links with industry, including national and multi-national organisations. In recent years they have included organisations such as the BBC, Hilton Worldwide, Middlesex Law Society, Hewlett Packard and the Savoy Education Trust.
All our Schools have highly-qualified staff, who have a wealth of industry experience in their chosen field, and are committed to developing the skills and career aspirations of our students
98% of our graduates are in employment or further education within six months of graduating***
- The University has a vibrant student community, and all students have the opportunity to get involved with our Students’ Union, who have a diverse range of societies.
- Quality accommodation is on offer for as little as £158 per week. Our Paragon Student Lets housing option is a one minute walk from our Brentford site and a free shuttle bus away from our Ealing site. We also have accomodation available near our Institute for Health in Berkshire .
Our Schools have first class facilities to help our students get the best out of their studies. See:
- School of Law and Criminology
- London School of Film, Media and Design
- London College of Music
- College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
- London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Computing and Engineering
- School of Human and Social Sciences
- The Claude Littner Business School