The Erasmus+ Traineeship programme enables UWL students and graduates to work for an organisation situated within Europe and to receive funding from the European Commission.
Applicants can either be a current student, or a recent UWL graduate. Traineeships may last between 2-12 calendar months.
Applicants for the Erasmus+ Traineeship programme can either be:
- A current student who wishes to embark on a summer placement between 2-3 months (non-credit bearing);
- student who is participating in a degree course where work placements are a compulsory component (credit bearing) and be of a length of 2-12 months; or
- a recent UWL graduate who wishes to participate in a placement between 2-12 months (non-credit bearing). Participants will need to finish their traineeship no longer than 12 months after graduation. The Traineeship must be selected in the final year of the students’ study.
The Erasmus+ Traineeship programme is a brilliant opportunity to:
- improve language skills
- gain valuable work experience, and
- improve the understanding of a different culture.
Traineeships should be relevant to your programme of study and it is likely that the relevance will be checked by UWL’s placements office, even if you are a recent graduate.
Interested students wishing to work or volunteer abroad are expected to:
- Research into the credibility of their host organisation
- Source their own accommodation whilst working or volunteering abroad.
If your application is successful, you will receive a set amount of funding to help towards travel, accommodation and living expenses. All students/graduates must be aware that some of their own personal funding may also be required.
How to apply
Once you have decided to take part in the Erasmus+ programme and have applied for funding for a work or volunteering period abroad, and looked at possible organisations or companies to work at, the student’s Academic School Erasmus+ Coordinator is the first point of contact. The Coordinator will provide the student with information and guidance, and will forward an application form to be completed by a specific deadline.
Further information about the Erasmus+ documentation requirements and grant allocation will be provided if the application is successful. Students must complete all necessary documentation as advised by the Erasmus+ Team in order to guarantee receiving the funding allocated to the mobility. Failure to complete and submit the necessary documentation within the given timeframe may result in the student becoming ineligible to receive their grant.
Applying for the Traineeship Mobility Grant does not guarantee the traineeship will be approved.
- 31 March 2018 for Semester 1 (Autumn 2018) traineeships, June/July 2018 graduates and Summer (2018) non–credit bearing traineeships
- 30 September 2018 for Semester 2 (Spring 2019) traineeships and November 2018 graduates non-credit-bearing traineeships
- 31 March 2019 for Semester 1 (Autumn 2019) traineeships, June/July 2019 graduates and Summer (2019) non–credit bearing traineeships
For employers, the Erasmus+ Traineeship programme provides a great opportunity to collaborate with the University of West London and recruit our highly skilled students and/or graduates.
If you have any questions, please email: Erasmus@uwl.ac.uk
All employers should read our Code of Practice for Placements.