English Language Requirement for EU Students
If English is not your first language, or if your previous education was not conducted fully in English, you will need to provide documented evidence of your English language competence to study a course with us.
English Language Requirements for EU students
The University accepts the qualifications listed below as evidence of English language ability from EU students. In addition, we will take into account studies previously undertaken in English, for example at IB, foundation or undergraduate level.
Please contact email@example.com if in doubt.
The levels listed here are an indication only and each application will be considered on its own merit. If you do not meet any of the listed criteria, you may be eligible for a Pre-sessional English Language Programme before you start your course.
- IELTS 6 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any section
- BULATS Online (certificated version) – Reading and speaking at 60, Speaking and Listening at CEFR B2
- Bulgarian Diploma of Completed Secondary Education grade 5 or above in English language
- Cambridge PET – Pass with distinction, exceptional in all four skills
- Cambridge FCE – Pass at Grade C minimum
- Cambridge Advanced / Proficiency / Business Higher / Legal / Financial – Pass
- Certificado de fim de Estudos Secundários / Diploma Nível Secundário de Educação (grade 14 or higher)
- Danish Bevis (HF/HHX/HTX/STX) – Grade 7 or higher
- ESOL Skills for Life Levels 1 & 2
- French Baccalaureate - Grade 6 (HL) or Grade 12 (OIB) 12-20
- German Abitur - Mark 'Gut' at Abitur 11
- Integrated Skills in English – ISEII pass
- Lithuanian Brandos Atestatas - Grade 8 at B2 level
- Norwegian Vitnemal - Grade 4
- Polish Extended Matura - 70%+
- PTE Academic – Min. 51 in all four skills
- TOEFL IBT Test – Overall 80 with listening min. 19, reading min. 20, speaking min. 22 and writing min. 19
- Trinity Level 1 – Pass
- Swedish Upper Secondary School – VG / C or B/6 minimum
* - Applicants for Nursing must meet a higher requirement of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent
The general requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall, with a score no less than 5.5 in any section. Other equivalent English language examinations will be considered at a level considered equivalent to IELTS 6.5.