Library Services Feedback and Complaints
Our staff are focussed completely upon providing all of our customers with the best possible service at all times. We want to hear your suggestions, comments and ideas about how we are doing, and how we might improve all of our services. You can do this at any time by speaking to one of our Customer Experience Team or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to report noise or anti-social behaviour, you can do so at all times that the library is open including 24/7 periods by calling our Security team on 020-8231-2572 or by dialling 3333 on one of our house phones, or by sending a text message to 020 8231 2001 and they will respond immediately. During our regular staffed hours you can also report noise or anti-social behaviour to the library team by text message to 02033-227424, in person to one of our Customer Experience team or by e-mailing email@example.com, or via our Twitter and Library Chat services. Please tell us which Library you are in and the floor number, your location and brief details of the problem. Library or Security staff will respond.
Library Services Complaints Procedure
If something does go wrong, we need to know immediately so that we can endeavour to put things right.
If you would like to make a complaint we
- aim to acknowledge your correspondence within 24 hours Monday to Friday
- will update you on progress if we are unable to resolve the matter straight away
- will deal with your complaint in confidence (where appropriate)
- aim to respond to your complaint within 5 working days Monday to Friday
If you have an issue or complaint on a matter relating to the Library you can address it to us using the following stages:
Stage 1: Informal complaint
- If you are unhappy with the service you have received, please ask to speak to the Library Supervisor on duty at our Help Desk during our regular staffed opening times, or outside of these hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some enquiries may need to be referred to other staff within Library Services but hopefully most of them can be resolved at the time.
- If you are still not satisfied with this initial approach, you can make a formal or informal complaint about the Library Service to the Head of Customer Experience by email to email@example.com or by telephone to 020-8231-2041.
Stage 2: Formal complaint under University processes
If you are not satisfied that the matter has been resolved within Library Services, you should follow the University Students Complaints procedure.
Note: Matters of a personal nature will generally be dealt with privately. Matters of policy which require a change in regulations will require formal review by appropriate University managers and committees.
The Head of Customer Experience will maintain oversight of the comments and complaints process and will produce for the Director of Library Services each year an analysis of the complaints/suggestions received during the previous year, along with the Library's responses. This analysis will be used as a check to determine if general changes are required to Library practices or regulations and will inform a You Asked We Listened section on the Library website.
Director of Library Services
Last Reviewed March 2018
It is important to us that our feedback and complaints policy meets the needs of all customers of the library. If you have any comments on our feedback and complaints policy or if you feel it can be improved in any way, please contact Julian Roland, Head of Customer Experience, UWL Library Services.