Library Services for Paragon Students
Table of contents
Paragon Social Learning Space
The Social Learning Space is on the second floor of the Paragon site. There you will find study spaces, printing, scanning and copying facilities and wi-fi.
Monday to Friday 08.00 to 22.00
Saturday 08.30 to 16.00
The Paul Hamlyn Library
Our state of the art Paul Hamlyn Library is, a short distance from the Paragon site. Open 24/7 during term time, Paragon students have access to a full range of library services. A courtesy bus operates regularly between the Paragon site and the Paul Hamlyn Library.
Paragon students can request an appointment with your Academic Support Librarian to take place at either site.
Your Academic Support Librarians provide a wide range of sessions on research skills at Paragon as part your courses, as well as additional bookable sessions. You can find more information on how they can help you and details on how to make an appointment on the subject guide for your course.
Library Book Collection and Return
Library Services provides a book collection and delivery service to the Second Floor Social Learning Space at Paragon. This service is operated by University of West London Students Union. Students can also return their library books via a self-service returns machine and book bin in this area.
- Please complete the online request form
- If the book is available and on the shelf within the Paul Hamlyn Library or the Reading Campus Library it will be sent to Paragon.
- Collect your books at the 2nd floor social learning space at Paragon House.
*Deliveries between the Paul Hamlyn Library and Paragon House operates once a day from Monday to Friday, and from Reading to the Paul Hamlyn Library three times a week. Expected collection times vary.
If the Book is available from the Paul Hamlyn Library
|Student Request||Paragon House|
|Ordered before 5pm Monday to Thursday||Following Day, 2pm|
|Ordered before 5pm Friday - Sunday||Monday, 2pm|
If the Book is available from the Reading Campus Library
|Student Request||Paragon House|
|Ordered between noon on Monday and noon on Wednesday||Thursday, 2pm|
|Ordered between noon on Wednesday and noon on Friday||Monday, 2pm|
|Ordered between noon on Friday and noon on Monday||Tuesday, 2pm|
- If the book is not immediately available at either site, we will notify you and if you still require the book you can place a standard reservation for collection at the Paul Hamlyn Library which is open 24/7 during term times.
- The book collection service at Paragon operates between the hours of 10 and 4 Monday to Friday. If you are unable to collect the book at these times you should not use this service.
- Your book will be retained for collection at Paragon for a maximum of five working days before your reservation is cancelled and the book returned to the library.
- A UWLSU staff member will help you to issue the book(s) on a self-issue machine.
- Please note that you must provide your student Photo ID in order to collect the book. No books can be issued without this.
- Please note that UWLSU staff will not be able to resolve issues on your library account that prevent you from borrowing books. If you have the maximum number of loans to which you are entitled, or need to pay library overdue charges you will need to speak to Library Services staff. A phone is provided by the Student Union for this purpose.
- You can pay overdue charges at any time via your online library account on a PC or mobile device. You can also pay overdue charges on the self issue machine but please be aware that for technical reasons, there may be a delay of up to six minutes before any blocks on your account are removed.
To return a book to the Library at Paragon.
- Please follow the instructions on the self-returns machine
- Please place the book(s) in the book bin provided
- The book bin is emptied daily from Monday to Friday for return to the library.