Residents of Ealing and Hounslow
University of West London libraries exist primarily to support the teaching and research needs of the University’s own students and staff. Accordingly, use of the UWL Library by members of the public is currently restricted to residents of the London Boroughs of Ealing and Hounslow only under the following terms.
- Access is for residents of Ealing and Hounslow who are over 18 years of age.
- Access is for Reference Use only with no borrowing facilities.
- Entry to the Library is only available during regular Library staffed hours and not overnight during periods of 24/7 opening.
- You agree to follow the UWL Library Customer Charter
- You agree to follow instruction regarding emergency evacuation at all times.
- Wi-fi access as a UWL guest is available but at the present time we are unable to offer printing or copying services.
Your first visit
If you are a resident of the London Boroughs of Ealing or Hounslow and wish to use the UWL Library you are required to register with us for UWL Library Visitor membership. You must bring with you a valid form of ID and proof of address plus a passport sized photograph. This initial visit must be during Library staffed hours as advertised on the library website. You will be refused entry if you arrive outside of staffed hours.
Valid forms of ID include:-
- Drivers licence
- National ID card
- Bank or credit card
- Freedom photo card
- Forces ID card
- Police/customs/home office warrant card
At this first visit, a member of Library Staff will register you as a Visitor Member and you will be given a membership card which you will need to bring with you each time that you use the Library and show to any member of Library or University staff upon request.
Once you have registered as a Library Visitor you are entitled to use our facilities for up to one year at any time including overnight during term time 24/7 opening as long as you enter the building before 21.30. You will only be allowed access under the following terms
- You sign our Visitors Register at Reception on each visit.
- You carry the UWL Library Visitor Card issued on your initial visit which you are required to keep with you at all times, and to show to a member of UWL staff upon request.
You will not be allowed entry to the UWL Library after 21.30 during 24/7 periods even if you have the required permissions.
Access to the UWL Library during UWL vacation periods is permitted only during campus opening hours:
- Monday to Friday 8:00am to 9:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to 6:00pm
Head of Customer Experience
UWL Library Services