About the Graduate School
At the Graduate School, we support the experience of PhD students and of PhD supervisors and run courses to support their development.
- contribute to the University’s focus on education and development of creative professionals
- act as a beacon for postgraduate research development at UWL
- provide high quality support and advice.
Our work is aligned to sector-wide trends and regulations, and our main functions are to:
- promote scholarship, and facilitate networking opportunities
- encourage and support publication and dissemination of research
- support Schools and supervisors in their scholarly development.
We also contribute to national and international initiatives and promote collaboration and networking opportunities for UWL research students and staff.
We publish, on behalf of the University, an academic journal 'New Vistas' which addresses issues of policy, practice and scholarship in higher education.