Volunteering is perfect for you to develop your CV, learn new skills, get recognition for future jobs, make great friends, enhance your university experience and get connected to your local community.
80% of employers say they value volunteering on a CV when recruiting. The UWL volunteering team can help you get the edge in that graduate job market.
The University of West London Volunteering service can help make this happen. We have plenty of opportunities that fit around your busy schedules, from One day challenges, to project leading, there really is something for everyone!
Volunteering is about:
- developing your CV
- making a difference to the local community
- helping you secure a job in the future
- developing new and existing skills to enhance your employability
- enhancing your HEAR by recording your volunteering achievements
- meeting new people and having fun
- building your confidence and self-esteem
- trying something new
- gaining insight into different careers
- generating ideas for your dissertation or course modules
- making the most out of your university experience.
The University of West London volunteering team can help make this happen.
- one day challenges
- Coaching and Mentoring Schemes
- Project Leadership
- And much more!
If you’re looking for more than a just a degree then volunteering is for you! It’s a way to develop the skills and experience employers are looking for and it will give you that edge in the graduate job market.
So get involved and start making a difference!
Check our news and Events Page for updated information regarding volunteering opportunities. You can also go to www.uwl.ac.uk/studentcareerslounge, your one stop shop for the latest part-time jobs, volunteering and placement opportunities.