Study Skills Summer School
Our Study Skills Summer School is the perfect way for University of West London full-time undergraduate offer holders to enhance their academic skills before starting in September 2018.
Summer School participants take part in sessions which will seek to improve study skills such as academic writing, referencing and critical thinking. You will also meet current staff and students from a variety of areas who can talk about the support in place at UWL such as careers advice, counselling and the student community activities.
Study skills workshops explore:
- how to become a note-taking genius
- who can support you in the University
- getting started on assignments
- how to make the most out of the library
Monday 16 July - Wednesday 18 July 2018 from 10am-5pm.
FREE. Lunch is provided and we will reimburse reasonable daily public transport travel costs (petrol/mileage is not reimbursed) for participants living in a London borough or in Berkshire, provided relevant receipts are produced.
The Summer School is open to mature learners* of all abilities and backgrounds.
*Mature learners are classed as those who are aged 21 or over when they begin their undergraduate degree with us.
Before you apply for a place, you need to ensure:
- you are at least 21 years old, or will be 21 when starting your degree in September 2018
- you have applied for a full-time undergraduate course at the University of West London which will be starting in September 2018
- you have been given a 'conditional' or 'unconditional' offer of a place
- you have made (or plan to make) the University of West London your 'firm' choice in the UCAS application process.
Please note that applying for and/or attending the Summer School does not affect your UCAS application, and does not guarantee entry to the University in September.
If you would like to apply, or if your question isn’t answered on this page, please get in touch at email@example.com.