UWL Full time Undergraduate Bursary Scheme
The University of West London will provide up to a maximum of 550 bursaries for full time undergraduate students who start their course in September 2018 or January 2019.
The bursary consists of a £1,500 award payable over three academic years, towards the cost of study, including the cost of learning materials, catering outlets, Paragon Student Lets accommodation and transport costs.
Information in the video above is accurate at the time it was produced. Bursaries for September for 2019 entry have not been announced.
How to apply
- Students who start in September 2018 - applications close 30 September 2018
- Students who start January 2019 - applications close on 8 February 2019.
Applicants must fulfil all criteria below:
- be from a household with an income of less than £25,000 per annum;
- be Home or EU fees paying students;
- have applied for means tested student support from Student Finance England and have given consent to share information in order that the declared household income can be verified (applicable to ‘Home’ fees paying student only). EU fee paying student will need to provide proof of their Household income;
- have accepted an offer of a place on a full time undergraduate course at the University of West London;
- be starting their undergraduate course in September 2018 or January 2019.
Payment is subject to:
- Full academic engagement is required throughout the academic year.
- Submission to all module assessments
If the number of applications is greater than the number of bursaries available then priority will be given to:
- care leavers
- disabled students
- early applicants
The following students are not eligible:
- Students on a foundation year (please refer to the Path to Success Scholarship)
- International students
- Students undertaking a postgraduate qualification
- Students studying part-time (please refer to the Part-time Scholarship)
- Any other students whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement (eg NHS sponsored, franchise or collaborative students).
Successful applicants will not have to re-apply in order to receive the award for all years of eligibility. However, to be entitled for subsequent years, successful progression to the next level of study is required in each academic year.