What happens on the day?
Our open days normally begin at 10am and finish at 3pm. Ahead of each event we'll send you a planner for the day. Please use this to choose the most appropriate arrival time.
On arrival you'll be asked to complete a fast track registration form. You have the option to fill this out in addition to registering online, to make the process faster on the day. You're also able to register on the day if you haven't done so already.
There will be a number of talks throughout the day to help you find out about our courses and facilities. We recommend that you go to your subject talk before visiting the course fair to make the most of your time. Many of our talks are repeated so you can time your visit to suit your schedule.
If you still have follow up questions after your talk, you can visit the academic team at the course fair.
Our Careers Team will also be available on the day to tell you all about the service they provide and have more information about why 98% of our graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating*.
We organise various tours throughout the day. These include:
- Accommodation - You have the opportunity to visit our student halls. A free shuttle bus runs regularly throughout the day.
- Simulation Centre - A must see facility for students interested in our Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare courses.
- Campus - Our student ambassadors run regular tours of the Ealing site throughout the day. If there's anywhere in particular you'd like to visit, please let your guide know at the start of the tour.
- Subject specific tour - To find out if your course is running specialist facility tours, just ask at one of the Help desks.
- Library - Students spend a lot of their time at the library, so why not visit our new library for a guided tour.
Student Services in the Street can help with all non-academic queries on a one-to-one basis and can advise you on:
- Accommodation and applications to the student halls of residence
- Wellbeing support
- Funding advice
- Health, counselling and chaplaincy
- General student advice
- Employability and careers (this team will be situated in the course fair)
Meet our award winning Students’ Union team to find out more about the range of activities they run and what you can get involved in once you join.
Join us in Freddie’s Bar (Park building) and Heart throughout the day to see some fantastic performances from our very own London College of Music students. Find your way around our Ealing site. Maps will also be given out on the day.
If you're a musician yourself, why not join in the jam session running throughout the day.
Plan your day
On the day, look out for our student ambassadors in blue t-shirts or staff team. We're all here to help.
We also have a Helpdesk in Heart for advice and information.
- Plan your day make the most of your time at UWL
- Prepare any questions you may have in advance to ensure you come away with all of the information you need
- Visit the local area and see what Ealing has to offer
- Check travel updates in advance to avoid any disappointment.
What our prospective students say
Hi, I'm Rebecca. I've loved the University today. It's modern and everyone has been really really friendly.