UWL Full time Undergraduate Bursary Scheme
The University of West London will provide up to 550 bursaries to University of West London full time undergraduate students starting their course in September 2016 or January 2017. This will rise to a maximum of 600 bursaries for students starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
The bursary consists of £3,000 award payable over three academic years, as a £1,000 (per academic year) towards the cost of study, including the cost of learning materials, catering outlets, accommodation and transport costs.
How to apply
Download your application form below and make sure you return it to the address on the form by the closing date:
- Students starting in September 2016 - Applications close on 24 February 2017. Download the application form (pdf, 522 kb)
- Students starting in January 2017 - Applications close on 24 February 2017. Download the application form (pdf, 522 kb)
- Students starting in September 2017 - Applications close on 30 November 2017. Download the application form (pdf, 522 kb)
- Students starting in January 2018 - Applications close on 3 February 2018. Download the application form (pdf, 522 kb)
Applicants must fulfil all criteria below:
- be from a household with an income of less than £25,000 per annum;
- be Home or EU fees paying students;
- have applied for means tested student support from Student Finance England and have given consent to share information in order that the declared household income can be verified (applicable to ‘Home’ fees paying student only);
- have accepted an offer of a place on an undergraduate course at the University of West London;
- be starting their undergraduate course in September 2016, January 2017, September 2017 or January 2018.
If the number of applications is greater than the number of bursaries available then priority will be given to:
- care leavers
- disabled students
- early applicants
The following students are not eligible
- Students on a foundation year (please refer to the Path to Success Scholarship)
- International students
- NHS funded students starting courses in September 2016 or January / February 2017
- Students undertaking a postgraduate qualification
- Students studying part-time (please refer to the Part-time Scholarship)
- Any other students whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement (eg NHS sponsored, franchise or collaborative students).
Successful applicants will not have to re-apply in order to receive the award for all years of eligibility.