How does Clearing work?
What is the Clearing process for the University of West London?
When does Clearing start?
How long does Clearing take?
How to prepare for Clearing
Things to Prepare
Visit us during Clearing
Can I apply through Clearing without UCAS?
When does Clearing finish?
What is the Clearing phone number?
Further Clearing information
This page details the steps you will need to take in order to go through Clearing with the University of West London.
We will also answer some of the questions you may have about how Clearing works, when it starts and how you can get in contact with us.
Clearing officially begins in July 2018. You can contact us about applying through Clearing once you have your final results.
If you already have your exam results eg you’ve taken a gap year and you don’t have a place lined up at university, then you can contact us straight away.
There are only a couple of things you need to do to prepare for Clearing. They are:
- decide which course you’d like to study at the University of West London. It’s best to plan this in advance as some courses require you to attend an audition, submit a portfolio of work or have relevant experience in your chosen field. See our current Clearing vacancies.
- obtain your final results – many of you will receive your A-level results on Thursday 16 August.
- call us and enquire about your desired course.
When you call during Clearing all you need to provide are:
- your exam results
- your UCAS ID number (if you have one)
- the name of the courses you're interested in
Our admissions team will be able to review your qualifications then and there to advise which courses you're eligible for.
Clearing generally doesn’t take that long. In many cases we can give you a definitive answer regarding studying a course at the University of West London there and then over the phone.
However, the process can take a little longer if you apply for certain courses, for example:
- some London College of Music courses will require you to audition or submit a portfolio of work
- some London School of Film, Media and Design courses will require you to submit a portfolio of work
- Social Work, Nursing, Midwifery and ODP courses will require you to attend a selection day.
Applicants should still call the Clearing hotline to find out details regarding audition/selection day dates or details about how to submit a portfolio.
If you want to know more about any of the courses you’re interested in and life at the University of West London then visit us for our Clearing Advice Session on Saturday 18 August, 11am – 3pm.
Lecturers will be on-hand to talk with you one-on-one about your degree and you will also get the chance to see some of our modern facilities at our Ealing site. Book your place on our Clearing Advice Session.
You can also visit us for a campus tour, which will take place on various dates throughout August and September. The tour will give you a chance to view some of the facilities at the Ealing site, although you won’t be able to talk directly to lecturers. View a list of campus tour dates and times.
Yes, you can. If you’re not in the UCAS system and you’ve been made an offer by us over the phone then you will have to fill in an online application form. This form will be sent to you via email; you will also have to send in your qualifications electronically.
UCAS have a cut-off point in late October for people to add their Clearing 2018 choices.
We encourage you to contact us as soon as you can once you have your results as places on courses can fill up very quickly. We anticipate it being very busy from Thursday 16 August onwards.
Please use the relevant phone number to contact us about Clearing.
- 0800 036 8888 (free for UK callers)
- 020 8231 2525 for Nursing and Midwifery and Social Work
- +44 (0)20 8231 2468 from overseas.
The hotline is open at these times:
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Extended hours are:
- Thursday 16 and Friday 17 August: 7am - 8pm
You can contact us on the following weekends:
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 August: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday 25 - Bank Holiday Monday 27 August: 9am - 5pm
You can also view our Clearing vacancies, find out why you should study at the University of West London and see accommodation options when starting at the University of West London.
International applicants, learn more about Clearing for international students.