Fees and scholarships

Home/EU or Overseas fees?

How much you pay for tuition fees or how much funding you can receive depends on whether you are assessed as a home/EU or overseas student. 

Before you apply, it is important to know which of these categories you belong to.

Find out if you are a home/EU or overseas student by visiting the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website for details on the requirements you need to meet to pay 'home' level fees.


The University of West London generally charges two level of fees:

  • a lower fee for 'home' students - EU students will normally fall into this category
  • a higher fee for 'overseas' students

The level of fee you will have to pay depends on whether you meet certain requirements. These requirements will vary depending on whether you are studying a course at higher education level, or further education level.

The rules that determine who qualifies as a 'home' student are subject to change.

If you don't meet the criteria to be assessed as a home student, you are classed as an overseas student.


The UKCISA checklist will also help you to find out whether you are classified as a home/EU funded student or overseas student for funding purposes.

Please note that if you are studying on a distance learning course from outside the UK, different rules may apply. Or if you are applying for support in a UK country other than England, the eligibility requirements may be slightly different.

If you don't meet the criteria to be assessed as a home/EU student, you are classed as an overseas student.

The rules determining your eligibility for funding are complicated and are subject to change. Our website cannot cover all circumstances. 

If you are not sure whether you qualify for funding, please speak to Student Advice located in the Student Services on +44 (0) 20 8231 2591.