Applications and entry requirements
The University welcomes applicants with a variety of qualifications and work experience from across the world.
Applicants registering for PhD or the professional doctorate, will normally need the following:
- a good first degree (first or second upper class) or equivalent in a relevant field
- a Masters degree (MA, MSc, MBA or MRes) with Merit or above, or have equivalent postgraduate or research experience.
International applicants must also ensure they have a strong understanding of written and spoken English:
- an IELTS score (International English Language Testing System) of 6.5 is the minimum standard required. Applicants with a previous degree obtained in the UK are exempt from this requirement.
Please ensure you meet the entry requirements before submitting an application.
Submitting an application
To apply for one of our research courses, you need to submit the following documentation to email@example.com:
- appropriate application form, either:
- research proposal outline
- transcript of your highest qualification.
The research proposal outline, or statement of research interests, enables us to assess your suitability for higher degree work including:
- viability of the topic as a research study
- the most appropriate supervisor(s) to be appointed.
For more information on how to write your research proposal outline and the courses available, please consult:
Students may begin their studies in January, May or September.
The Graduate School are here to help
The Graduate School is based in PE.04.018, in the Peter John Building at the St Mary's Road Ealing site, and is responsible for overseeing all applications for MPhil, PhD and professional doctorate courses.
We are here to handle initial enquiries, find you a supervisor for your research and guide you through the application process.
Contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 020 8231 2655.