Current undergraduate and postgraduate students are an integral part of the University's work with schools, colleges and community groups.
We have a large team of Student Ambassadors - employed on a casual, part-time basis - who play a vital role in representing the University at student recruitment events, acting as role models for school and college students and providing exceptional customer service to our guests.
You may see them around campus in their blue polo shirts.
What is a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors are managed by the University's Student Recruitment, Outreach and Events teams, who are responsible for a wide range of activities. Student ambassadors find themselves getting up to lots of exciting and rewarding things, including:
- looking after a small group of 13 year old school pupils who are spending the day at our university during an ‘Introduction to Higher Education' visit for their class, acting as a role model and giving them an insight to life as a university student through games and other activities
- welcoming prospective students and their parents/carers at our open days, taking them on a tour of the campus and telling them about the great things they can expect if they become a UWL student
- representing our university at a local school's higher education fair, providing prospective students with information and advice about our university and courses
- assisting at complex events, including induction and enrolment, corporate dinners, experience days and graduation.
Our more experienced Ambassadors may choose to:
- prepare and give presentations to groups of school pupils, teachers and parents
- run workshops on a subject of their choice for school and college students
- assist in our Course Information Centre, responding to the queries about our university and courses from members of the public.
Student Ambassadors are recruited in September/October each year, and must pass three steps (application form, interview and one-day training) before they are taken on. The role comes with competitive pay and will present a wide range of opportunities in which to develop skills that will be valuable to future employers. It's also a great chance to meet other UWL students who are as passionate about the University as you are.
If you'd like to find out more about becoming a Student Ambassador, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.