How much you pay for tuition fees depends on whether you are assessed as a home/EU or overseas student.
All new students will be required to complete a fee status assessment, and from this information the University will determine if home/EU or overseas fees are payable.
Students disputing their overseas status will be given an opportunity to provide evidence to support their claim for home/EU fees.
Students disputing fee status will be unable to enrol on any programme unless 50% of the total overseas fee for the year is paid on or before enrolment.
How much are fees for:
Home/EU students 2018/2019
Home/EU students starting their course in the 2018/19 academic year
For September 2018, the University of West London will be charging new full-time home/EU students a standard fee of £9,250.
See the Student Finance England website for more information.
Students starting their course in September 2018 have the opportunity to pay their fees in full on the day of enrolment or alternatively fees may be paid by three equal instalments:
• First instalment - October 2018
• Second instalment - January 2019
• Third instalment - April 2019
Withdrawals / Refunds full-time and part-time:
For students enrolling in September / October 2018, the structure of refunds upon withdrawal will be as follows, based on the assumption that the fee has been paid in full:
• Official withdrawals up to 6 January 2019: 25% of total fee payable
• Official withdrawals up to 24 March 2019: 50% of total fee payable
• Official withdrawals after 25 March 2019: 100% of total fee payable
Official withdrawal is the receipt by the School of a signed official withdrawal form. Approval to amend fees can only be authorised by the Head of Schools or their nominated deputy. This function / authority cannot be further delegated for any reason. All refunds are subject to an administration fee.
EU Referendum and student funding
Following the EU Referendum, the current advice from The Student Loans Company (SLC) in England in relation to EU student funding is as follows:
- EU nationals or their family members, currently in higher education, and who are assessed as eligible to receive loans and/or grants from the SLC, will continue to receive these loans and grants until they finish their course. This applies to all student finance from the SLC for students in England for which EU nationals are eligible. This includes loans to cover tuition fees (for those resident in the EEA for three years), loans and grants for maintenance (limited to those resident in the UK for at least three years), and some other grants and allowances.
- The rules applying to EU nationals, or their family members, who have applied for a place at university from this August to study a course which attracts student support are unchanged.
The SLC will assess these applications against existing eligibility criteria, and will provide loans and/or grants in the normal way. EU nationals, or their family members, who are assessed as eligible to receive grants and/ or loans by the SLC will then be eligible for the duration of their study on that course. These eligibility criteria set out that for students beginning study from this August, EU nationals must have been resident in the UK for at least five years in order to apply for a maintenance loan.
Further, regarding students from the EU and the UK taking part in the Erasmus programme, there has been no change to Erasmus students' immigration status and they will continue to be eligible for their Erasmus grants until any new policies come into effect.
Overseas students 2018/2019
Overseas students starting their course in the 2018/19 academic year
You must pay the full cost of your study. Note that if you require a student visa to be in the UK, you must study on a full-time course.
Your tuition fees are based on the type of course you take, and there are exceptions to the fees outlined below. Your fees will be confirmed when you apply for and are offered a place on your chosen course, but you can also check with our Student Finance department on 020 8280 0282 / 0284 / 0285 or email email@example.com.
In most cases, tuition fees for the 2018/19 academic year are £12,000 per complete academic year.
You will need to pay £3,000 as a non-refundable deposit when you accept an offer from The University of West London.
The remainder towards 50% of the course fee will need to be paid prior to or at enrolment.
- the remaining 50% in three equal instalments over the three months following enrolment.
- you pay the remainder of your first year's fee at enrolment, taking advantage of the early payment discount students may receive if they pay their tuition fees in full before their course begins.
Fees for courses lasting less than an academic year are payable in full at enrolment.
Withdrawal / refunds:
The structure of refunds upon withdrawal will be as follows, based on the assumption that the fee has been paid in full:
- Official withdrawal during any part of the first month of the start date of the course: 50 per cent of the total fee payable 50 per cent refundable.
- Official withdrawal during any part of the second or third month of the start date of the course: 70 per cent of the total fee payable 30 per cent refundable.
- Official withdrawals after the third month of the start date of the course: 100 per cent payable, no refund.
Official withdrawal is the receipt by the School of a signed official withdrawal form. Approval to amend fees can only be authorised by the Head of Schools or their nominated deputy. This function/authority cannot be further delegated for any reason. All refunds are subject to an administration fee.
If you are assessed as an overseas fee payer and will be studying a part-time course, please contact our Student Finance department on 020 8280 0281 / 0282 / 0283 / 0284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the fee you will be charged and payment arrangements. Please note: students on a student visa / Tier 4 visa must study on a full-time course.
Overseas students whose fees are being paid by an overseas sponsor will be unable to enrol onto a course unless the University receives full payment during or before enrolment.
How to pay your fees
How to pay your fees
Fees may be paid:
- online by credit or debit card (not Amex or Diners Club)
- by bank transfer (please ensure all related bank charges are also paid)
- GBP drafts/cheque relating to a domestic UK bank account
- Western Union
If you are paying your fees to the University directly from an overseas bank, please ask the bank to include your name, course and student ID number when making the transaction.
Our bank details are as follows:
- Barclays Bank, 1 Queensmere, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1DT
- Sort Code: 20-78-66
- Account No: 43046931
- Swift Code: BARCGB22
- IBAN: GB24 BARC 2078 6643 0469 31
If your fees are sent directly to the University, you must produce evidence at enrolment that payment has been made into the University’s bank account.
Please note the exchange rate you obtain is guaranteed for 72 hours to give you time to make the payment using your online, telephone or local banking service. You will be notified by email as soon as your payment is received by UWL. This service is also open to students wishing to pay in British Pounds (GBP), including domestic students, also at no cost.
Pay now via Western Union.
University of West London has partnered with Flywire to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international fee payments.
Flywire allows you to:
- Make your payment in over 70 currencies
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Pay by Credit / Debit or E Wallet Solutions
- Feel safe, with 24/7 dedicated multilingual customer support
- No Transfer fees or charges
- Best Price Guarantee
- Track your payment from start to finish
Please go to uwl.flywire.com to begin the payment process.
How to pay:
- Visit uwl.flywire.com and choose your country and the amounts you are paying in GBP
- Choose your payment method and make your payment to Flywire
- Enter your details and those of the student you are paying for
- Track and confirm your payment by email, SMS or by logging into uwl.flywire.com.
For further information on any of these payment methods, please contact the Student Finance Centre on +44 (0)20 8280 0283 or email email@example.com.