Summon is the Library’s academic search engine.
Summon can check the Library catalogue, databases and even external resources, all with a single search. It instantly finds articles, books and other resources, in both electronic and print form.
We recently upgraded to Summon2. This upgrade included a variety of new features that you can read about below or by clicking the image/link above.
- As you type in the search bar related terms will appear
- Your search refinements will now stay active until you clear them
- You can tick a box to expand your search beyond UWL
- refine your search results by general subject or discipline
- Publication date is now included in results
- Icons represent the content type of each search result
- Related news items will appear as an option in your results
- Hovering over a result will reveal a side bar with more information
- In the side bar you have the option to cite the selected result
- In the side bar you have the option to email the selected search result details to yourself or others
- As you scroll through the results more will appear automatically.
- The advanced search feature allows you to add more criteria to your search
- You can choose to narrow down your results by Content type e.g. book, e-book, journal, audio-visual
- Filter your results Subject terms
- Filter your results by written Language
- Narrow down your search for physical resources by Library location
- Each result includes details such as author, title, date
- Additional details are available below each result e.g. availability, location, full text
- You have the option to save selected search results to temporary folder.