There are many ways for members of the UWL community to support our sustainability initiatives – both through events and in your everyday activities.
We are currently working in partnership with our Students Union and University’s Volunteering Team on opportunities for students to develop their own environmental projects and activities in UWL and with local groups.
There are many simple day-to-day actions that both staff and students can take to reduce environmental impact.
- Read our recycling guide and help us recycle more
- Set up an old paper tray to reuse scrap paper from printing and meetings.
- Switch off computers, lights, devices. Don’t assume somebody else will do it
- Reduce waste by using a reusable cup. Cups are available in Freddy’s Coffee Shop (£2.99)
- Reduce your carbon footprint by choosing the vegetarian or vegan option for lunch.